Kaspersky® SafeStream ll
Kaspersky SafeStream II is a gateway-level stream-based anti-malware technology that provides a way to detect the most dangerous and prevalent threats (“in-the-wild”) at wire speed. It represents a balanced trade-off between in-depth security and maximum performance.
By taking full advantage of Kaspersky Lab’s infrastructure, including cloud-enabled security intelligence and Kaspersky Security Network, Kaspersky SafeStream II effectively detects malware in all types of traffic (web, mail, P2P, IM, etc), thus protecting users from the most dangerous cyber threats, including zero-day malware, server-side malware, web-borne malware, drive-by downloads and other types.
It can be effectively boosted by hardware pattern matching engines (widely used for packet inspection in IDS/IPS) from vendors such as Cavium Networks, Intel, Broadcom, LSI, etc., delivering unparalleled wire-speed gateway level anti-malware protection.
Kaspersky SafeStream II is well suited both for small devices and for high-performance mission-critical gateways. It is completely agnostic to software or hardware design and can be successfully implemented on proprietary (non-x86/Linux) platforms.
Kaspersky SafeStream II uses the following malware detection approaches:
- URL Detection – matching URLs in inbound/outbound traffic to databases of known malicious/phishing sites to protect from web-based threats, server-side polymorphic malware and botnet command and control (C&C) servers
- Object Detection – searching the data flow for malicious objects (viruses, Trojans, worms, malicious scripts, mobile and other threats)
- Signature Detection – using a signature database (special byte sequences) to detect specific malware types, especially weak-polymorphic (that has a variable and a constant part of binary body) and malware families
Kaspersky SafeStream II takes advantages of a multi-layered approach, with each layer complementing the others, contributing to the overall security level, and providing protection in any environment. The solution includes a set of detailed security feeds that are continuously updated. Custom intelligence feeds can also be created to provide preemptive security.
Key benefits of Kaspersky SafeStream II:
- Efficient perimeter and gateway level defense against the most dangerous malware and virus outbreaks
- Consistent throughput for any file size thanks to our unique stream-based scanning approach (full file proxying is not required)
- Unparalleled performance when combined with hardware acceleration solutions
- Ideal security technology for all types of gateways and UTMs – from small devices for SMB/SOHO markets to mission-critical appliances for enterprise and service provider markets
- Ideal security technology for web browsers and services
- Seamless integration into any and all platforms – SafeStream II is totally independent from software and hardware architecture
We believe that better intelligence combined with better technology results in better protection for our customers.
If you would like to discuss this solution with a representative of Kaspersky Lab’s dedicated OEM team, click here to get in touch with us. Just fill out the form and we'll be in touch very shortly.