The Channel Company, has named Michael Canavan, senior vice president, B2B Sales, to its prestigious list of 2017 Channel Chiefs.
New Multi-Device Security Solution Ensures Consumers Are Protected When Accessing the Internet, No Matter the Device They Use
Woburn, MA – September 17, 2013 – Kaspersky Lab today announces the global availability of Kaspersky Internet Security – Multi-Device, a new security product that provides premium protection for the world’s most commonly-used devices. The solution provides a way for customers to secure their Internet activity across multiple devices, all through a single purchase and single license.
Kaspersky Internet Security – Multi-Device includes Kaspersky Lab’s award-winning protection for PCs, Macs, and Android smartphones and tablets in a single product. Customers can install the device-specific technologies on any combination of PCs, Macs, and Android smartphones and tablets, with the option to move the protection from one device to another as customers purchase new devices.
It’s the Same Internet - The Case for Multi-Device Protection
According to B2B International research, a leading independent market research firm, the average household owns 4.5 Internet-connected devices, meaning the days of families accessing the Internet through one or two shared desktop or laptop computers have disappeared. Moreover, smartphones and tablets have become the new standard tool for browsing, interacting, and shopping online. Although consumers are using more connected devices than ever before, the need for Internet security is still primarily seen as specific to PCs. Interestingly, plenty of consumers had a similar attitude towards their computers before recognizing the need for PC security. While the devices are different and numerous, the fact is that consumers are all accessing to the same Internet, and are thus vulnerable to cyber threats, no matter what tool they use to connect.
As consumers purchase more devices, it could seem overwhelmingly complicated to keep these devices maintained and updated. Kaspersky Internet Security – Multi-Device uses a single activation code for each customer product and a single start-date for their annual subscription, making a multi-device digital life easier to handle.
Android Tablet and Smartphone Protection
Mobile devices have become the primary Web browsing tool for millions of people around the world and the Android operating system is by far the platform most targeted by cybercriminals. This should come as no surprise, since fifty-two percent of smartphones in the U.S. run on the Android operating system, according to a recent Nielsen report. In fact, approximately 99 percent of all mobile malware detected by Kaspersky Lab is designed for Android devices, and the number of new mobile malware samples detected in 2012 – more than 35,000 unique pieces – was six times larger than what was detected in 2011. With smartphones and tablets increasingly becoming targets of cybercriminals, customers need a powerful protection solution to effectively combat these threats.
Key Android Security Features
- Real-time protection against mobile malware, including automatic scanning of downloaded programs to prevent the installation of rouge applications masquerading as legitimate ones
- Web browsing protection to ensure customers don’t click on malicious websites or phishing links designed to steal personal information
- Anti-theft features, which allow customers to locate missing devices using GPS and cellular signals. Customers can also remotely lock devices, wipe data, turn on the alarm feature, and activate the device’s camera to automatically take pictures of whoever currently possesses it
- Call and text-message filtering to block spam and unwanted phone calls
As Mac computers have begun attaining a notable global market share, cybercriminals have begun targeting the platform, as well. In addition to the small but growing malware concern, both Mac and PC users are equally susceptible to phishing scams using forged websites designed to steal personal information. With Kaspersky Lab’s protection, Mac users are assured of the highest degree of online security, without slowing down the performance of their computer.
Key Mac Security Features
- Full protection from all malware threats, including Mac-specific malware, and all PC-targeting malware that can be stored on Macs and inadvertently transferred to PCs
- Advanced Parental Controls to ensure children use the Internet safely and responsibly
- On-screen Virtual Keyboard, providing an extra layer of protection from keylogging malware when entering personal information online
Windows PC Protection
Kaspersky Internet Security – Multi-Device includes the full PC protection found in the latest Kaspersky Internet Security 2014. Armed with the enhanced award-winning core technologies of Kaspersky Lab’s most widely-used solution, PC users can browse, bank, and shop online, knowing they are protected by the most advanced protection from money-stealing malware and other cybercrime.
Key PC Security Features
- Improved Safe Money proactive protection against financial-theft, which includes support for more Web browsers, and a significantly expanded list of trusted online banking sites, payment services, and online stores.
- Protection specifically for social networks, like malicious URLs that spread on Facebook and Twitter
- Further protection from emerging threats through the improved Automatic Exploit Prevention technology, which ensures vulnerabilities within programs won’t lead to your PC being compromised
- New tools to defeat malware that locks a computer and demands ransom to return control of the owner’s data
- Parental Controls to block objectionable content, limit the amount of time spent online, and automatically prevent children from sharing private information– credit card numbers, phone numbers, home addresses – on social networks.
Justin Priestley, Senior Vice President, Consumer Sales
Kaspersky Lab, North America
“At Kaspersky Lab we understand the need for protection on all devices that connect to the Internet. In support of our mission to save the world from cybercrime, we’re providing mobile device and computer protection to all of our customers in a way that is easy to manage and flexible for any combination of devices. With Kaspersky Internet Security – Multi-Device, we ensure customers are safe while browsing, shopping, banking, and moreover that they can proactively safeguard themselves against the constant flurry of cyberthreats with our award-winning technologies.”
Christopher Christiansen, Vice President, IDC Security Products and Services
“As household devices proliferate with mobile devices joining PCs, there are two problems. First, there is the rapidly expanding mobile threat landscape. Second, there is the management problem of keeping all the devices protected while simplifying installation, update, and licensing. However, the complexity of managing multiple security products for PCs versus smartphones and tablets causes people to do nothing. This places them at risk and makes managing a multi-device household a recurring nightmare. The solution is adopting a single solution that secures most or all of the household's devices. Solutions like Kaspersky Internet Security – Multi-Device are a forward-thinking step from Kaspersky Lab about how to simplify the process of protecting a household of devices.”
Pricing and availability
Kaspersky Internet Security – Multi-Device is available for purchase on Kaspersky Lab's online store and available at retailers where quality software is sold. One-year license of Kaspersky Internet Security – Multi-Device can be purchased for $79.95 for one year of protection of up to five devices.
About Kaspersky Lab
Kaspersky Lab is the world’s largest privately held vendor of endpoint protection solutions. The company is ranked among the world’s top four vendors of security solutions for endpoint users*. Throughout its more than 15-year history Kaspersky Lab has remained an innovator in IT security and provides effective digital security solutions for large enterprises, SMBs and consumers. Kaspersky Lab, with its holding company registered in the United Kingdom, currently operates in almost 200 countries and territories across the globe, providing protection for over 300 million users worldwide. Learn more at www.kaspersky.com.
Securelist | Information about Viruses, Hackers and Spam
Follow @Securelist on Twitter
**The company was rated fourth in the IDC rating Worldwide Endpoint Security Revenue by Vendor, 2011. The rating was published in the IDC report "Worldwide Endpoint Security 2012–2016 Forecast and 2011 Vendor Shares (IDC #235930, July 2012). The report ranked software vendors according to earnings from sales of endpoint security solutions in 2011.
Articles related to Press Releases
Mobile Advertising Trojans Exploiting Super-User Rights Became the Top Mobile Malware Threat in 2016
Kaspersky Lab today announced the findings of its Mobile Virusology malware report for 2016, which found a near-threefold rise in mobile malware detections compared to 2015 – with a total of 8.5 million malicious installations identified.
Kaspersky Lab, a global cybersecurity company celebrating 20 years in the market this year, today announced the launch of Earth 2050, an interactive multimedia project that accumulates predictions about social and technological developments for the upcoming 30 years.