Did you like this?
friends and colleagues.
March 11, 2009 - Woburn, MA - It's not the value of the computing device, it's the value of the information on the device that needs to be protected. Ultra Portable PCs have taken the computing market by storm. Priced to sell, they are empowering families to add more computers to the home; and business travelers are carrying these lightweight machines to avoid being bogged down. But just like everywhere else we use computers, the threats online are growing more dangerous each day.
Kaspersky Lab is mindful that the importance of security on such a device can be overlooked. To make the most of these new, more simplified machines; Kaspersky Lab introduces KasperskyTM Security for Ultra Portables. The product includes all of the features and functionality of our most advanced consumer security suite, retooled, optimized and priced specifically for Ultra Portable PC buyers.
KasperskyTM Security for Ultra Portables offers a new approach to keeping users safe. In addition to our top-rated detection technology, this new offering is packed with complete Internet security protection including anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-phishing, anti-spam and anti-hacker technologies. Parental controls and a virtual keyboard are also included to protect an individual's privacy while shopping and banking online.
Justin Priestley, Senior Vice President, Consumer
Kaspersky Lab Americas
"We have watched the Ultra Portable PC market grow like gangbusters throughout the past 6 months and realize the very immediate need the market has for security protection. As one of the first security products for the Ultra Portable PC market, Kaspersky Security for Ultra Portables establishes a new standard for security for these lightweight machines. This new product provides the most comprehensive and essential protection required for Ultra Portable PC users, all while improving their computing experience."
KasperskyTM Security for Ultra Portables is engineered for speed and is packed with a first-of-its-kind arsenal of tools to help to protect computer users from the rapid growth of malicious cybercrime attacks.
Specific Features include:
- Anti-Malware Engine: The Kaspersky 2009 anti-malware engine has been re-engineered to render scanning speed improvements of 300% for its initial scan and 700% speed improvements during all other scans (when compared to previous versions). System boot-up time has been reduced in excess of 35%, making it one of the fastest scanning engines on the market and ideally suited for the new class of Ultra-Portables.
- Minimal System Requirements : Kaspersky has a long-standing reputation of having an especially small system memory requirements. Since available system resources are greatly reduced on Ultra Portables, this is critical to help make the user's experience the most positive.
- Kaspersky Security Network: Allows your computer to report when it discovers a threat that hasn't been seen before. All 250 million Kaspersky users benefit from our combined knowledge
- Parental Controls: Parental Controls have new features that further reinforce family policies. It is now possible to limit Internet time, by quantity and/or to specific hours of the day, along with filtering out the kind of content that is not kid-friendly.
- Application Activity Filtering: Uses multiple methods to determine the trustworthiness of software installed on a user's computer.
- Automated Standard Hourly Updates: By default, Kaspersky Security selects the best server, checks for signature updates, and automatically downloads and installs new updates hourly, or at a user-specified schedule.
- Intrusion Protection System and 2-way Firewall: Protect you from hackers; protect your privacy.
- Virtual Keyboard: In spite of constant efforts to prevent common spyware attacks such as keylogging, 100 percent detection is an overly optimistic goal. Prevent your valuable personal information and credentials from being stolen by entering them without using your keyboard. Simply mouse over the Virtual Keyboard and click on the appropriate keys on your computer monitor. Your information is entered, well below the radar of malicious screen-scrapers and keyloggers that could record your individual keyboard strokes.
- FREE Technical Support: Kaspersky Lab offer free technical support around-the-clock to help users with its products and to resolve any technical issues they may experience. This includes support via phone, e-mail, live chat and a comprehensive knowledge base. Free telephone support is available from Kaspersky's U.S.-based team of experts from 8 am- 9 pm ET, Monday-Friday.
Supported Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows XP Home/Professional (including x64)
Processors: Intel Atom, Intel Celeron-M, VIA C7-M
CPU: 300 MHz or greater
RAM: 256 MB to 1 GB
50 MB free hard drive space
Internet connection for product activation
WHERE TO BUY:
KasperskyTM Security for Ultra Portables can be purchased online at http://usa.kaspersky.com/products_services/security-for-ultra-portables.php as of March 11, 2009. Available in retail locations mid-April.
KasperskyTM Security for Ultra Portables: 1-year, single user license: $39.95
ABOUT KASPERSKY LAB
Kaspersky Lab delivers a new standard for protection against IT security threats, including viruses, spyware, crimeware, hackers and spam for home users, SMBs, large enterprises and the mobile computing environment. In addition to Kaspersky's own products, the company's technology is an important anti-malware component inside the products and services of more than 100 of the industry's leading IT security solution providers. Learn more at http://www.kaspersky.com/For the latest on antivirus, anti-spyware, anti-spam and other IT security issues and trends, visit http://www.viruslist.com/.
Articles related to Press Releases
According to the testing by the independent AV-TEST Institute, Kaspersky Small Office Security took first place for providing the most effective security for Windows 10
Kaspersky Lab Launches a Specialized CyberSecurity Solution for Industrial Systems
Kaspersky Lab Given 5-Star Rating in CRN’s 2016 Partner Program Guide