What a year it has been for Kaspersky North America. We are proud to share that 2019 was a record-breaking year of volunteerism for us.
We began participating in organized charitable activities in 2008, and in 2011 the company formally implemented paid Volunteer Time Off, which employees can use with any non-profit organization of their choice. It has since become deeply embedded in our culture and is something that we look forward to each month.
With each growing year of our Corporate Social Responsibility Program, the events become more diverse, allowing us to give back to a variety of causes that matter to us and the community.
During the year, nearly all of the North American employees volunteered in more than 25 initiatives supporting over 35 U.S. non-profits. The activities vary each month from in-office, off-site events to fundraisers.
Here are some highlights of what our year looked like:
- January: Hosted a clothing drive with Second Chances
- February: Put together gift bags to spread the Valentine’s Day cheer with single mothers and their children
- March: We hosted a book drive in collaboration with Building Impact for More Than Words and volunteered at Northeast Arc, an organization that helps people with disabilities become full participants in the community
- April: Sorted inventory and prepared “kid kits” at Cradles to Crayons
- May: Volunteered at Stoneham’s Veterans Services and paid our respects by placing flags on the graves of fallen soldiers at the Saint Patrick Cemetery in Stoneham
- June: Cooked and served lunch to 150 women at Rosie’s Place
- July: Sponsored a blood drive with the American Red Cross and competed in the Boston Corporate Cup, a fundraiser for the Boston Children’s Hospital
- August: Held a School Supply Drive that went to benefit Schools on Wheels
- September: Partnered with Building Impact to create no-sew fleece blankets to bring warmth to puppies when they travel to foster homes or support dog-training programs
- October: With Junior Achievements, we sponsored a bowl-a-thon to thank our top Kaspersky volunteers. The funds raised from the event benefited schools in the New England area
- November: Served lunch at the New England Center and Home for Veterans and helped sort over 12,000 pounds of food at the Greater Boston Food Bank
- December: We held our annual Adopt a Family program where we provided three children with everything on their wish list for this holiday season
“This year we continued to make giving back to our community a priority. I am proud to be a part of a company that, for the last 11 years has tried and succeeded in doing its part for organizations that are important to our employees and company,” said Alena Reva, vice president of human resources, Kaspersky Americas and Europe.
Kaspersky North America 2019 Corporate Social Responsibility Report
Kaspersky North America 2018 Corporate Social Responsibility Report
Kaspersky North America 2017 Corporate Social Responsibility Report