On October 17, 2013 the Windows 8.1 update was released. If you are planning on updating your OS to the latest version, pay attention to our Tip of the Week. How can you update the OS correctly if you have Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 installed? What version should be installed on the updated OS? What should you do if you already have a box version without an update required for compatibility with Windows 8.1?
1) In one of our previous tips we explained how to configure the update settings for Kaspersky products. If you have the Automatic update mode enabled, the update package responsible for compatibility with new Windows 8.1 must be installed on your Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 automatically a week before the OS update.
If you are not sure if the update package was installed (for example, your computer was off, and/or there was no Internet connection, or Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 was not run for a long time) to work under the new OS version, update Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 manually before starting the update to Windows 8.1:
1. Select Update in the program’s main window.
2. Click Update in the opened window and wait until the process is completed.
Now you can update to Windows 8.1.
2) If you have already updated to Windows 8.1 and are now planning to install Kaspersky Internet Security, Kaspersky Lab specialists recommend installing the latest version of Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 on Windows 8.1. You can purchase / download the distributive of the product on the Kaspersky Lab website.
3) If you have purchased a box version of Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 or downloaded the product from the eStore before the release of the required updates, then, while installing your version on Windows 8.1, the Installation wizard will find and download the necessary version, and the installation will continue as usual.