Not only are the leaves changing colors and Pumpkin-Spiced Lattes are back, but October is also National Cybersecurity Awareness Month (#NCSAM). The initiative, created by StaySafeOnline.org and the National Cyber Security Alliance, began as a collaborative effort between government and industry to ensure every American has the resources needed to stay safe online. Over the past few years, NCSAM has been reaching consumers, small and medium-sized businesses, educational institutions and young people across the nation.
Each year, we support the initiative with helpful tips and tricks to help you stay safe online. This year, we want to do something a bit different – we want your help. Tell us how you promote cybersecurity or how you stay safe online and you could win a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and a one-year license of Kaspersky Internet Security – Multi-Device to help protect your devices. See the official rules below. You can comment here on the blog post or over on our Facebook page, under the post about this contest. We will choose a winner on October 31, 2014.
We look forward to seeing how you promote cybersecurity!
HOW DO YOU PROMOTE CYBERSECURITY?
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY / DECLARATION OF COMPLIANCE / RELEASE OF LIABILITY / PRIZE ACCEPTANCE AGREEMENT MAY BE REQUIRED.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
1. Eligibility: The HOW DO YOU PROMOTE CYBERSECURITY Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (and the District of Columbia), who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Kaspersky Lab, Inc. and Samsung Group and each of their respective parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible to enter or win this Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, municipal, territorial and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Kaspersky Lab, Inc., 500 Unicorn Park, 3rd Floor, Woburn, MA 01801, U.S.A. Administrator: Kaspersky Lab, Inc., 500 Unicorn Park, 3rd Floor Woburn, MA 01801, U.S.A.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on October 1, 2014 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on October 31, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”). The Entry Period begins and ends with the promotional period.
Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, visit the Kaspersky Lab Americas Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/KasperskyLabAmericas and comment on the post about the Sweepstakes explaining how you promote cybersecurity in your household or community. You can also comment on this Kaspersky Daily US blog post in the comments section. Once you have submitted your comment on Facebook or on the Blog post, you automatically will receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit: Each entrant may enter one (1) time during the Promotion Period. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to the Facebook profile or Blog Comment profile. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. Drawings: Administrator’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator will randomly select the potential winner on or around the dates outlined in Section 3 above, from all eligible entries received during each applicable Entry Period. There will be one (1) potential winner. The potential winner will be notified on Facebook or on the Blog after the applicable drawing. Except where prohibited, the potential winners (parent/legal guardian if a winner is a minor in his/her place of residence) will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release, which must be received by Administrator within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release within the required time period (if applicable), fails to answer the skill-testing question correctly (if applicable), or his/her prize is returned as undeliverable, then potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes.
6. Prizes: ONE PRIZE: One (1) Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (10.1-Inch, White) with two (1) year of Kaspersky Internet Security – Multi-Device protection, which includes protection for Android devices. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen prizes. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $429.89USD.
For All Prizes: PRIZE IS AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). The ARV of electronic prizes is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, or a component thereof, for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the applicable Entry Period. Limit: one (1) numbered Entry. Total ARV for all prizes: $429.89USD
7. Release: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and Samsung Group, Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, acceptance of a prize in the Sweepstakes constitutes the winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or home state or province for promotional purposes in connection with this Sweepstakes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants’ printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts or the appropriate court of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts located in Middlesex County, Massachusetts U.S.A.; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
© 2014, Kaspersky Lab. Inc. All rights reserved.
Samsung Group and its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries are not responsible for the promotion, administration or execution of this Sweepstakes. The Samsung name is a registered trademark of the Samsung Group.