ReportsFirst Half2013 Growth and Momentum
Woburn, MA – July30, 2013 - Kaspersky Lab North America today announced its first half of 2013 results. With significant growth in sales, and new business partnerships, both the business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-consumer (B2C) sectors saw an impressive first two quarters positioning the company for more success and accelerated momentum throughout the remainder of 2013.
At the annual Kaspersky Lab North America Partner Conference in early 2013, the Company set a number of aggressive goals for its B2B sector in the year ahead. From sales targets to partner growth, Kaspersky Lab North America is on track to meet and exceed those goals.
Despite economic pressures shrinking the endpoint security market, in 2012 Kaspersky Lab North America maintained double-digit growth for the sixth year in a row. And for 2013, the company predicted even greater success forecasting significant acceleration in B2B booking growth rates for the year ahead. On track to deliver on this promise, at the close of H1, Kaspersky Lab North America reports year-over-year (YoY) growth rates:
- Overall business growth of 22 percent
- Sales to private sector accounts are up 34 percent
- Customer renewals are up 24 percent
- Mid-market sales are up 30 percent
- Private-sector enterprise sales are up 121 percent
Additionally, in early 2013, Kaspersky Lab North America launched a new public sector division to its corporate sales team: a State, Local and EDucation (SLED) team to meet the growing demand and help public sector organizations meet their growing IT and security challenges. The new division has shown an immediate impact on business results:
- 23 percent YoY growth for large public sector organizations
- A 35 percent jump in quarterly sales immediately after the division’s ramp up
Kaspersky Lab North America continues to create the most effective partner community in the industry and attracts top-tier resellers. Thanks to a number of Partner Program enhancements including new incentives and lead generation programs in early 2013 and the continuation of a truly partner-centric 100 percent channel model, the company reports:
- Partner recruitment is up over 300 percent YoY
- Deal registration volume is up 20 percent YoY
Leading industry analysts and third-party organizations are also recognizing Kaspersky Lab for its B2B efforts in H1 2013:
- Secured a spot as a "Leader" in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms* for the second year in a row
- Ranked as one of the leaders in the market of endpoint security solutions by Forrester Research, Inc. Kaspersky Lab ’s corporate solution was placed among four “Leaders” in The Forrester Wave™: Endpoint Security, Q1 2013
- Earned SC Magazine’s 2013 Excellence Award Winner for Best SME Security Solution
Kaspersky Lab North America’s B2C sector kicked off the first half of 2013 with record-setting sales and steady growth demonstrating its success in customer retention, strategic partnership expansion and industry recognition.
Kaspersky Lab North America experienced strong B2C momentum in the first half of the year with sales successes in several areas:
- In the first half of 2013, Kaspersky Lab North America grew nearly 8 percent in unit sales from 2012
- The company's online business grew 28 percent YoY and saw significant gains in retention rates over 2012
- In a retail market marked by ongoing consolidation and overall challenges, Kaspersky continued to gain share, capturing 30 percent of US Retail unit sales in Q1 20131
As a result of Kaspersky Lab North America’s commitment to providing industry innovative solutions, the Company experienced a significant growth in consumer preload product activations thus far in 2013. This growth correlates with the continued work with key partnerships established over the last year and the new business relationships initiated within the first half of 2013, including:
- Two of the largest social media companies in the world offering Kaspersky Lab North America products
- Kaspersky Lab signed and launched two new broadband providers in North America. It also expanded its network of Kaspersky Security Scan distribution partners
Leading independent testing institutions have shown praise for Kaspersky Lab B2C products throughout 2013:
- Achieved a five-star rating in MRG Effitas Real-World Protection Test for Kaspersky Internet Security 2013
- Accomplished three consecutive months of strong results in the AV Comparatives Real-World Protection Test for Kaspersky Internet Security 2013
- Won the AV-Test Certified Award for Kaspersky Mobile Security, including a perfect six out of six point score for usability, following the independent testing in May 2013
- Secured the highest score for Kaspersky Internet Security in the Dennis Technology Labs’ Q2 roundup of Home Security tests.
Steve Orenberg, President
Kaspersky Lab, North America
“There’s a reason why we are one of the world’s top four vendors of security solutions and see consistent year-over-year growth—it’s because we focus on what we do best, and that’s endpoint security. We don’t dilute our focus. We don’t try and broaden our portfolio with other solutions. Instead, year after year, we remain laser-focused on strengthening our own technologies to build the best B2B and B2C products in endpoint protection.”
Chris Doggett, Senior Vice President, Corporate Sales
Kaspersky Lab, North America
“In 2013, we refocused many of our sales resources, simplified our geographic model and honed in ondistinct customer segments and industryverticals. All while remaining100 percent committed to providing our partners and customers the bestprotection from sophisticated malware and cybercrime. As a result, we’ve seen banner growthand record salesin the first half of 2013,andwearewellpositioned to exceed our 2013 sales goals.”
Justin Priestley, Senior Vice President, Consumer Sales
Kaspersky Lab, North America
“The progress we’ve seen so far in 2013 is a testament to our mission to be at the forefront of the industry with record-breaking sales, key partnerships and impressive industry recognition. With innovative product development plans on the horizon, we will continue to showcase our ability and dedication to providing the best consumer security solutions on the market and exceed our goals for the second half of the year and beyond.”
*Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms, Peter Firstbrook, John Girard, Neil MacDonald, January 2, 2013.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
About Kaspersky Lab
Kaspersky Lab is the world’s largest privately held vendor of endpoint protection solutions. The company is ranked among the world’s top four vendors of security solutions for endpoint users*. Throughout its more than 15-year history Kaspersky Lab has remained an innovator in IT security and provides effective digital security solutions for large enterprises, SMBs and consumers. Kaspersky Lab, with its holding company registered in the United Kingdom, currently operates in almost 200 countries and territories across the globe, providing protection for over 300 million users worldwide. Learn more at www.kaspersky.com.
Securelist | Information about Viruses, Hackers and Spam
Follow @Securelist on Twitter
Threatpost | The First Stop for Security News
Follow @Threatpost on Twitter
**The company was rated fourth in the IDC rating Worldwide Endpoint Security Revenue by Vendor, 2011. The rating was published in the IDC report "Worldwide Endpoint Security 2012–2016 Forecast and 2011 Vendor Shares (IDC #235930, July 2012). The report ranked software vendors according to earnings from sales of endpoint security solutions in 2011.