Low-tech attackers harness open source security tools for targeted cyberespionage
Woburn, MA – March 25, 2013 - Kaspersky Lab announced today that it has been named to CRN’s 2013 Partner Program Guide, and awarded a 5-Star Partner rating. The CRN Partner Program Guide is the definitive listing of manufacturers and software publishers that service solution providers or provide products to the IT Channel. Kaspersky Lab was recognized for providing partners the best channel program.
On the heels of a very successful 2012 and the launch of a revamped Partner Program, in early 2013 Kaspersky Lab announced the rollout of new partner incentives and programs developed to help partners get the most out of their relationship with Kaspersky Lab. Built in conjunction with the January 2013 launch of Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business, the 2013 partner offerings include more lucrative rewards, and the programs and assets will enable partners to more effectively drive business and increase their bottom line. These new offerings include:
- New Rewards: Effective until March 31, 2013, Kaspersky Lab is doubling its incentive payments on all Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business, Advanced and Total platform sales.
- SE2SE Program Revamp: Kaspersky Lab’s SE2SE program, a monthly education series on advanced topics, now rewards technical champions who influence sales. When pre-sales Systems Engineers (SEs) attend a monthly SE2SE WebEx and pass an exam, they are eligible to receive a SPIFF payment on any eligible sales that they influence—this includes all Kaspersky Lab sales made within their company. SPIFF payouts range from $25 to $200 per deal.
- Lead-Gen Programs: In 2013, Kaspersky Lab is placing a priority on lead generation, allocating significant resources and budget to ensure a strong digital marketing program that generates significant numbers of qualified leads for the Kaspersky Lab sales team to engage with partners on. As this engine ramps up in Q1, the company expects to see more than a 300 percent increase in lead generation over Q1, 2013.
- Video Assets: Kaspersky Lab now offers a number of new assets that help partners to demonstrate the superior protection that Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business offers. Most notably, new videos cover different aspects of the product as well as messaging that helps position the product with customers. The videos can be found on the Kaspersky Lab Americas YouTube pages.
Chris Doggett, Senior Vice President Corporate Sales
Kaspersky Lab, North America
“Our inclusion in the CRN 5-Star Partner Program Guide reflects our commitment to providing partners the best elements for success. This recognition follows several other awards, most notably being named the winner of UBM Tech Channel’s CRN 2012 Annual Report Card for Client Security Software, showing that we have the right products and the right resources in place to deliver value that you won't find elsewhere. These successes have truly set the tone for a great 2013.”
Kelley Damore, Senior Vice President, Editorial Director
“The companies listed in CRN’s 2013 Partner Program Guide represent a comprehensive list of the best channel programs in the market today,” said Kelley Damore, Senior Vice President and Editorial Director, for UBM Tech Channel’s CRN. “The 5-star award is reserved for vendors that understand that a successful partnership does not rely solely on the technology. By offering their partners tools, education and regular updates, vendors on this list go above and beyond traditional support to ensure a mutually beneficial partnership.”
About CRN’s 2013 5-Star Partner Program Guide
The guide recognizes those vendors who have channel programs and derive a portion of their sales through the indirect IT Channel. The 5-Star Partner Program rating recognizes an elite subset of Partner Program Guide vendors who give solution providers the best partnering elements in their channel programs.
The list methodology is based on objective criteria that takes into account each vendor’s investments in program offerings, partner profitability, partner training, education and support, marketing programs and resources, sales support and communication. Vendors are assessed using information provided in their completed applications.
About Kaspersky Lab
Kaspersky Lab is the world’s largest privately held vendor of endpoint protection solutions. The company is ranked among the world’s top four vendors of security solutions for endpoint users*. Throughout its 15-year history Kaspersky Lab has remained an innovator in IT security and provides effective digital security solutions for consumers, SMBs and enterprises. The company currently operates in almost 200 countries and territories across the globe, providing protection for over 300 million users worldwide. Learn more at www.kaspersky.com.
* The company was rated fourth in the IDC rating Worldwide Endpoint Security Revenue by Vendor, 2011. The rating was published in the IDC report "Worldwide Endpoint Security 2012–2016 Forecast and 2011 Vendor Shares (IDC #235930, July 2012). The report ranked software vendors according to earnings from sales of endpoint security solutions in 2011.
For the latest in-depth information on security threat issues and trends, please visit:
Securelist | Information about Viruses, Hackers and Spam
Follow @Securelist on Twitter
About UBM Tech Channel
UBM Tech Channel, a UBM company, is the premier provider of IT channel-focused events, media, research, consulting, and sales and marketing services. With over 30 years of experience and engagement, UBM Tech Channel has the unmatched channel expertise to execute integrated solutions for technology executives managing partner recruitment, enablement and go-to-market strategy in order to accelerate technology sales. To learn more about UBM Tech Channel, visit us at: www.ubmchannel.com.
UBM llc is a leading global business media company. We inform markets and bring the world's buyers and sellers together at events, online, in print and provide them with the information they need to do business successfully. We focus on serving professional commercial communities, from doctors to game developers, from journalists to jewelry traders, from farmers to pharmacists around the world. Our 6,000 staff in more than 30 countries is organized into specialist teams that serve these communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently. For more information, go to www.ubm.com
Articles related to Press Releases
Kaspersky Lab Study Finds Kids Spend Increasing Amount of Their Lives Online
Kaspersky Lab North America announced today it has been awarded Building Impact’s 2015 Gold Impact Award for its commitment to strengthening local communities through volunteerism and giving.