Anti-Virus for Windows Server
Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Servers protects data on servers running under Microsoft Windows from all types of malicious programs. The product was designed specifically for high-performance corporate servers that experience heavy loads.
- High performance
- Proactive Protection against new malware
- Effective protection from malicious programs
- High performance
- Flexible administration
- System Requirements
- Real-time antivirus protection and on-demand scanning. Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Servers scans all files that are launched, opened and/or modified and disinfects or deletes all infected files. Furthermore, suspicious files or content is isolated in a quarantine area prior to undergoing further analysis. The application scans specified areas of the system according to a schedule or on demand.
- Quick scanning of critical system areas. The application can scan those areas of the operating system that are more susceptible to infection as a separate task. For example, scanning startup objects helps prevent malicious code from launching during system startup and detects hidden processes. Other areas that are deemed critical to sever security can also be selected for scanning.
- Prevention of malware epidemics. The application records any malware attacks, which helps the system administrator to react promptly by launching a scan, updating the antivirus database or switching to an increased level of security.
- Isolating infected computers. If a workstation on the network becomes infected, the application blocks the user from accessing server resources for a certain amount of time. During this period, the administrator can identify the source of infection and treat it.
- System recovery after infection. After a malicious program is detected and deleted, Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Servers also deletes all of the records created by the malicious program in system files or the system registry. This prevents any possible malfunctions in the operating system.
- New! New antivirus engine. The application is based on a completely new antivirus engine that dramatically increases system scanning speed, optimizes the use of system resources and has minimal impact on other programs. The new antivirus engine is more effective at combating malicious programs that use rootkit technologies.
- Intelligent technologies. The first time on-demand scanning is launched, all objects are automatically scanned. However, for subsequent scans iSwift and iChecker technologies limit scanning to new and modified files only. Additionally, when a user requests a file from the server, it is scanned only once, by the antivirus solution installed on the server, and not by the antivirus solution on the workstation as well.
- Selection of trusted processes. The system administrator can exclude safe processes from scans, especially if they are slowed down by antivirus scanning (e.g., backup copying, hard drive defragmentation, etc.).
- Load balancing. The application allows administrators to regulate the allocation of server resources between the antivirus solution and other applications depending upon task priority levels; antivirus scans can continue in background mode.
- Compact updates. Smaller updates than ever before are achieved thanks to the new antivirus engine and dedicated technologies for incremental updating.
- Centralized installation and control. Kaspersky Administration Kit – a centralized administration tool — can be used to install applications and change settings remotely for several servers at once and to control the application after installation. The application can also be managed via Microsoft Management Console or using the command line.
- New! Information about server protection status. A new dashboard display provides information about that application in real time. Information about the current status of antivirus protection allows IT specialists to react immediately to any incidents in the system.
- Information about the application's status. The application comes with an extensive list of events which the administrator can be notified of using a messenger service or via email, with support for the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and the Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM).
- Flexible time settings for scans. In order to optimize the use of server resources and maximize convenience for users, the system administrator can assign the exact time for an antivirus scan to begin and end, which means on-demand scans can be performed at times when corporate servers are not overloaded, e.g., at night or weekends.
- Reporting system. The system administrator can control the application using reports and by reviewing the Microsoft Windows or Kaspersky Administration Kit event logs. A search function and filters make it quick and easy to locate information in large logs.
- Database updates. Updating antivirus databases can be carried out on demand or automatically via Kaspersky Lab servers on the Internet or via local servers. The application automatically selects the least loaded update server.
|Hardware requirements||Software requirements|
The product is fully compatible with VMWare server 1.0.1 - 1.0.5 and VMware Workstation for Windows 5.0.0, 5.5.1, 5.5.2, 6.0.0, 6.5.0.|
Note: Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Servers does not support IA-64 (Itanium) Processors