Kaspersky Lab White List Program
Users and software providers both suffer when non-malicious programs are wrongly flagged as malicious by anti-virus applications (more commonly known as false positive detections). The Kaspersky Lab White List database will provide a solution to the problem.
About the Program
In response to the ever-increasing amount of malware on public networks, Kaspersky Lab has initiated a program to create a knowledge database of all available trusted software.
The goals of the creation of this resource are threefold:
- To reduce the risk of a Partner's software being wrongly classified as malicious software by antivirus programs (known as false positive detections);
- To ensure a positive experience for users when they download and use a Partner's software;
- To greatly reduce the load placed on the support services of both the Partner and Kaspersky Lab. This load is significantly increased by erroneous false postive results.
Participation is voluntary and free of charge.
The potential benefits of joining the Kaspersky Lab White List program include:
- Guaranteed compatibility with the various configurations of antivirus protection offered by Kaspersky Lab solutions;
- Reduced risk of false alarms generated by antivirus protection in the event of non-standard behavior by the Partner's software;
- Software distributed/released by the Partner undergoes an additional level of scanning for malware that is performed by a reputable and independent third party (Kaspersky Lab).
Prospective White List program partners should:
- Be either software developers/distributors, free software providers or an online store;
- Be interested in solving problems with false positive detections today, or potential problems in the future;
- Be able to provide software to Kaspersky Lab for independent testing.
- Prospective partners should send a request to Kaspersky Lab in order to receive Information Partner status;
- Kaspersky Lab's acceptance of applications to join the White List program is based on the information sent in the request. Once a company becomes a partner, we offer a range of additional information and provide a cooperation agreement;
- When the agreed terms and conditions of cooperation are met, Kaspersky Lab will grant official Information Partner status to the company and provide the opportunities outlined above.