Kaspersky SafeStream is designed to detect the most dangerous viruses, Trojans, worms and other malware at wire speed. The Kaspersky SafeStream database is suitable for hardware acceleration. It allows for the implementation of high performance antivirus filters on platforms where traditional antivirus software is not available due to limitations in the architecture, processing power or memory.
The Kaspersky SafeStream database includes records for malicious code that is known to currently propagate over networks or that is active in the wild. The list of malicious programs is continuously updated based on data gathered by Kaspersky Lab network sensors and the Kaspersky Virus Lab.
Kaspersky SafeStream can be used together with third-party pattern-matching engines to develop stream-based virus scanning solutions, and includes the following features:
- Stream-based antivirus scanning (whereby full file proxying is not required).
- High speed throughput when combined with hardware acceleration solutions.
- Deployment in devices and at the gateway with limited hardware capabilities (e.g., CPU, memory, etc.).
- Efficient perimeter and gateway level defense against the most dangerous malware and virus outbreaks.
- Software and hardware platform independent.
Kaspersky SafeStream was not designed to protect users from all existing malware, but rather to provide the highest possible network security from the most dangerous and costly threats. Thus, it presents a balanced trade-off between in-depth security and unparalleled performance.
If you would like to discuss this solution with a representative of Kaspersky Lab’s dedicated OEM team, click here to get in touch with us.