Upgrade Your Product
As a Kaspersky Lab customer, you may upgrade to our latest security software version at no cost, as long as you have time remaining on your existing license.
If you have a version of Kaspersky Internet Security, for example, with an active license, you can upgrade to the latest version of Internet Security.
Please note you cannot activate Kaspersky Internet Security with a Kaspersky Anti-Virus activation code, or vice versa.
For a smooth upgrade experience, be sure to check that you have:
- Your activation code handy. This can be found on the back of the CD sleeve, or the Activation Card that is included in the DVD case. The code will be four sets of five characters and looks like XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX.
- A high-speed Internet connection.
- A computer that meets the system requirements for the version you are installing:
- For Windows XP, Service Pack 2, an 800Mhz processor, 512MB available RAM.
- For Windows Vista and 7, a 1GHz processor, 1GB available RAM.
Kaspersky Lab Product Updates
Save the installation file to your computer in an easy-to-find spot like your Desktop or My Documents.
- Right-click on the Kaspersky K in the lower right corner of your screen and choose Exit.
- Then uninstall by going to Start > Programs > Kaspersky > Modify, Repair or Remove, and follow the wizard.
- Reboot your computer after the removal process completes.