Linux Endpoint Security
For corporate networks running Linux-based operating systems on their endpoint machines, Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Linux provides centralized protection from malware. Kaspersky Lab’s innovative, new antivirus engine delivers reliable, high-performance protection that’s easy to control and manage, but also offers the administrator a great amount of flexibility to customize settings.
- New antivirus engine
A completely new antivirus engine significantly improves scanning speed, optimizes the use of system resources, and has minimal impact on other programs. This engine provides effective anti-malware protection – preventing computer virus epidemics and keeping information secure.
- Improved, centralized administration
With improved manageability features, Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Linux is also fully supported by Kaspersky Security Center – a centralized management tool that simplifies a wide range of IT security management tasks, including remote deployment, the generation of reports, and much more.
- Enhanced heuristic analyzer
Traditional signature scanning is supplemented with the improved heuristic analyzer. This helps to detect unknown threats that have patterns similar to those that have already been detected – which significantly boosts the overall protection level.
- On-access scan
Files are scanned in real time – whenever they are opened, copied, run, or saved. IT security threats are detected and neutralized whenever the file system is accessed.
- On-demand scan Using the improved heuristic analyzer’s pro-active engine to increase malware detection rates, Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Linux can perform on-demand antivirus scanning of specified system areas – as and when requested or according to a schedule.
- Frequent database updates
To provide high malware detection rates and increased protection levels for corporate infrastructures, database updates are performed automatically – on both a regular and an emergency basis.
- High performance, low impact
In addition to achieving higher detection rates, the latest antivirus engine offers significantly faster system scanning speeds – to optimize the use of resources. So Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Linux has minimal impact on the performance of other programs or the overall system.
- New application architecture Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Linux has a completely new component architecture, which enhances the application’s stability and improves performance.
- Reduced load on hardware
The latest version of Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Linux significantly reduces the usage of system resources – including the СPU, disk, and disk I/O.
- Remote deployment
Kaspersky Security Center is a centralized administration tool that lets you install and deploy the endpoint security applications and manage them after installation – both locally and remotely.
- Endpoint security management A wide range of policies and tasks can be applied to any group of workstations – to provide system administrators with flexibility in how they configure Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Linux on a group level or an individual level.
- Frequent, Automatic updates
Updates to antivirus databases and application modules are available on demand or automatically according to a schedule.
- 32-bit/64-bit operating systems:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.5 Desktop
- Fedora 13
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 SP3
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 SP1
- openSUSE Linux 11.3
- Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Desktop Edition
- Debian GNU/Linux 5.0.5
- 32-bit only operating systems:
- Mandriva Linux 2010 Spring
- The application is compatible with:
- Gnome and KDE
Minimum hardware requirements:
- Processor – Intel Pentium II 400 MHz or higher
- 512 MB RAM
- 1 GB of swap
- 2 GB free hard drive space for installation of the application and storage of temporary files
- Award-winning, multi-layer anti-malware
- Endpoint controls – Application, Device & Web
- Mobile security & mobile device management... and more
- Rigorous anti-malware & endpoint controls
- Data encryption – for added security
- Vulnerability scanning & patch management
- Systems management & IT efficiency tools
- Award-winning anti-malware – plus endpoint controls
- Data encryption – to protect precious business data
- Patch management – including automatic vulnerability scan
- Efficiency-boosting systems management tools
- Email security – to defend against spam and malware
- Internet gateway security – for safer web access