Small Business Owners Can Now Gain Better Control of Employee Web Usage and Online Security
Introducing Kaspersky Small Office Security:
Built to Provide Optimum Internet Protection with Easy-to-Use Central Management Control, Now Available for Purchase
March 14, 2011 – Woburn, MA – The challenge many small business owners face is having the right kind of Internet protection built with their specific business needs in mind. Today, Kaspersky Lab, a leading developer of Internet security solutions that defend against computer viruses, spyware and all forms of malicious software, introduced the newest member of its family of advanced Internet security solutions — Kaspersky Small Office Security (KSOS) is now available for purchase. This affordable, easy to deploy and manage Internet security system delivers both centralized control and the highest quality protection, complemented with small business Internet policy enforcement.
Small business owners face many challenges that just a few years ago weren’t even on anyone’s radar screen. Among these challenges is the increase of targeted Internet attacks focused primarily on capturing highly confidential business information. The chances of business disruptions by the infiltration of malware into small business computer networks have increased dramatically. Add to this, employees are increasingly using the Internet for personal online socializing during business hours, creating even more risks to businesses.
Small businesses have had no choice but to rely on consumer security software built for a different kind of personal usage, or have had to struggle with deploying and maintaining expensive and complex security solutions built for companies many times their size. This mismatch can be both costly and highly frustrating for business owners.
Kaspersky Small Office Security gives small office owners the product they have been waiting for – one built to deliver superior, all-in-one protection against all forms of cybercrime, complete with straightforward central management control to easily maintain the protection and business policies within their office setting – with a single machine managing all PCs. KSOS is all about achieving maximum protection and productivity without the need for expensive technical expertise.
Easy-to-Use Central Security Management
From a single PC, Kaspersky Small Office Security’s intuitive Management Center simplifies security tasks across the office. KSOS allows owners and office administrators to set-up and perform many different tasks – from managing the proper back-up of sensitive business data and other information on employee PCs to ensuring every PC and server has the latest anti-malware updates and the most recent security protection installed.
Without leaving their desks, small office administrators can:
- Set security policies to ensure the most up-to-date protection as well as customize the security on each machine.
- Run scans on any PC or server in the office to make sure it’s secure.
- Fix security issues before they become problems. For example, if an employee disables their firewall, the business owner can immediately turn it back on.
- Administer and monitor employee web access policies to block unauthorized websites and content not related to the business.
- Conveniently renew and update all security licenses for KSOS on every machine in the office - all from one PC.
Employee Web Use Management
Now, business owners can enforce meaningful company-wide web-usage policies that both protect a small business from malicious software and maintain more controlled use of the Internet by their employees. From the KSOS Central Management Center, business owners can:
- Create and enforce web-usage polices which are most appropriate for their business.
- Customize employee access to websites, applications, games, social networking and file downloads.
- Prevent employees from accessing entire categories of websites like pornographic sites, shopping sites or illegal software or music-sharing sites.
Protection of Business-Critical Data and Information
Critical information can now remain secure and intact from theft or accidental deletion with Kaspersky Small Office Security. Using KSOS, business owners can be sure that data is safely stored, backed-up, accessed and deleted with the appropriate layers of security in place. In addition, KSOS technology helps to promote safer password habits for employees, so bank account passwords are never left sitting around on a sticky-note on someone’s desk. KSOS delivers the finest data protection from Kaspersky Lab, including:
Automated File Backup that keeps the most current copies of crucial files stored on a dedicated PC, file server or external drive, so data is safe from hardware failure and is always the most current.
- Powerful Data Encryption ensures the most sensitive information is never vulnerable to theft, unauthorized access, or accidental deletion.
- File Shredder makes sure data stays private, no matter what. When that information is no longer needed, or if a PC is being discarded, KSOS’s application irreversibly wipes information from the system so it can’t be seen or used by unauthorized people or hackers.
- Integrated Password Manager stores each employee’s login passwords in an encrypted digital vault on their PC, and then automatically logs the user into password-protected websites and applications. This allows the team to navigate the web faster and more securely than ever before, and prevents bad practices like keeping passwords written on a piece of paper or using the same password over and over again. To make user accounts safer than ever, Password Manager creates especially strong, unique passwords on demand.
World-Class Protection and Technical Support
Nothing is more frustrating or costly to a small business owner than dealing with problems installing or maintaining security software inside their business. At Kaspersky Lab, we have built a truly high quality support organization that’s always ready to help and support our small office customers. Reduced call waiting times and first-time incident resolution makes our support team ideally suited for the demands of small office users.
In addition to world-class support, KSOS includes immediate urgent updates and standard hourly updates, cloud-enabled scanning, and the strongest combined reactive and proactive malware detection to keep businesses safe without ever slowing owners or employees down.
Kaspersky Small Office Security is quick to install, simple to configure and incredibly easy to use. But if there are any questions, Kaspersky Lab also offers free, Americas-based technical support via phone, email and live-chat for KSOS customers. Additional support can be found in the Kaspersky Knowledge Base, an efficient online database of detailed answers to questions about installing and using Kaspersky Lab products.
Randy Drawas, Chief Marketing Officer
Kaspersky Lab Americas
“There is no ‘one-size fits all’ when it comes to Internet security. Installing the wrong solution can lead to the kinds of headaches and inefficiencies that can drive up a business’ operating expenses, let alone greater frustrations for the small business owner. With Kaspersky Small Office Security, the businesses that make up the backbone of our economy can now benefit from advanced protection and an ease of management that is designed with their unique needs in mind.”
John LoConte, Principal
KDSA Consulting, LLC
“Lots of small business owners have realized that no company is ‘too small’ to be a victim of cybercrime, and they are coming to us looking for guidance. These business owners often don’t have a background in security or IT, so finding the appropriate combination of technology and advice has been a challenge. The market absolutely needs better technology geared specifically for small offices, and I think Kaspersky Small Office Security will be a good fit for this demand.”
Pricing and Availability:
Kaspersky Small Office Security is available for purchase beginning today through office retailers, authorized resellers, and Kaspersky Lab’s e-Store. Kaspersky Small Office Security is sold in bundles of 5-PC licenses and 1-server license for $199.95 per year, or 10-PC licenses and 1-server license for $399.95 per year. Additional license purchase options can be viewed at Kaspersky Lab’s e-Store.
About Kaspersky Lab
Kaspersky Lab is the world's largest privately-held Internet Security company, providing comprehensive protection against all forms of IT threats such as viruses, spyware, hackers and spam. The company's products provide in-depth defense at work, at home and on the road for home and mobile users, small and medium sized businesses and large enterprises, protecting more than 300 million systems around the globe. Kaspersky technology is also incorporated inside the products and services of approximately 100 of the industry's leading IT, networking, communications and applications solution vendors. For further information about the company, please visit http://www.kaspersky.com/.