Woburn, MA – May 27, 2014 - Kaspersky Lab announces today that the Company’s products received the highest AAA rating in all three of Dennis Technology Labs’ test categories – Home Anti-Virus Protection, Small Business Anti-Virus Protection and Enterprise Anti-Virus Protection, in the first quarter of 2014.
Testing conducted by Dennis Technology Labs assesses the capabilities of various antivirus solutions in conditions that are made as realistic as possible. The testing involves an analysis of how the products react to the very latest live threats. Two aspects were assessed in all three categories: protection rating, which showed how well the products handled malware, and legitimate software rating, which showed how effectively they handled non-malicious programs. The ideal anti-malware suite was expected to block all threats and allow all legitimate programs to run. Products scored points for successfully blocking threats, but lost points for any false positives. The overall scores were converted into one of the following ratings: AAA, AA, A or B.
Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 was the top performer in the Home Anti-Virus Protection category, correctly identifying all of the legitimate programs, blocking 98 percent of the malware and neutralizing the remaining 2 percent. The Kaspersky Lab solution received the highest number of points during testing and was awarded an AAA rating.
In the Small Business Anti-Virus Protection category Kaspersky Small Office Security blocked 94 percent of threats and neutralized another 5 percent. Additionally, the product did not return a single false positive, which resulted in another AAA rating.
Lastly, Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business received excellent results in the Enterprise Anti-Virus Protection category, blocking 94 percent of threats and neutralizing another 3 percent to earn yet another AAA rating for Kaspersky Lab.
Kaspersky Lab products also received top AAA ratings in all three categories of Dennis Technology Labs’ previous round of Anti-Malware Tests conducted from October to December 2013. More details about the recent test results and testing methodology can be found on the Dennis Technology Labs website.
Oleg Ishanov, Anti-Malware Research Director
“A wealth of experience in the field of cyber security and industry-proven technology allow Kaspersky Lab to create state-of-the-art products for IT infrastructures of all sizes. It means we can offer our customers a wide range of reliable solutions equally capable of securing a home computer or a major corporation.”
About Kaspersky Lab
Kaspersky Lab is the world’s largest privately held vendor of endpoint protection solutions. The company is ranked among the world’s top four vendors of security solutions for endpoint users*. Throughout its more than 16-year history Kaspersky Lab has remained an innovator in IT security and provides effective digital security solutions for large enterprises, SMBs and consumers. Kaspersky Lab, with its holding company registered in the United Kingdom, currently operates in almost 200 countries and territories across the globe, providing protection for over 300 million users worldwide. Learn more at www.kaspersky.com.
For the latest in-depth information on security threat issues and trends, please visit:
Securelist | Information about Viruses, Hackers and Spam
Follow @Securelist on Twitter
Threatpost | The First Stop for Security News
Follow @Threatpost on Twitter
* The company was rated fourth in the IDC rating Worldwide Endpoint Security Revenue by Vendor, 2012. The rating was published in the IDC report "Worldwide Endpoint Security 2013–2017 Forecast and 2012 Vendor Shares (IDC #242618, August 2013). The