Woburn, MA – June 11, 2014 – Kaspersky Lab today announced a new strategic cooperation agreement with Telefónica, one of the world’s leading integrated operators in the telecommunications sector, to provide its customers worldwide with cyber-security services. Telefónica is better known through its commercial brands O2, Movistar and Vivo.
Under this agreement, Telefónica will incorporate into its cyber-security portfolio Kaspersky Lab’s superior threat intelligence services fueled by the cloud-based Kaspersky Security Network, as well as the extensive expertise of Kaspersky Lab’s Global Research & Analysis Team (GReAT).
Telefónica’s cyber-security portfolio is built on top of internally developed technology and brings together the expertise of its Global CyberSOC (security operations center) team with the experience of key security players such as Kaspersky Lab. With Telefónica’s products, companies and administrations can protect themselves from cyberattacks by:
- Preventing them through Latch and Metashield
- Detecting them using Threat Detection and Vulnerability Management and Faast
- Responding to them through Anti-fraud and Anti-DDoS services
The power of Kaspersky Lab will enhance Telefónica’s Threat Detection service by providing new intelligence that will help its customers approach and manage cyber risks:
- Botnet Threat Tracking – provides real-time detection of botnet attacks targeting users of banking or online payment systems, plus the option of setting up a protection system to block botnet communication with command & control centers
- Raw Intelligence Data Feeds – contains a set of streams with up-to-date information on malware, making it possible to proactively set up the necessary protection solution
- Intelligence Reports – takes into account regional and industry specifics to highlight the threats most relevant to certain organizations, and which include interpretation of statistical data and a vulnerability assessment
- Cyber-Security Education – transfers a wealth of hands-on experience to information security officers, effectively equipping them with the tools to counter undesirable cyber activity
This is not the first time Kaspersky Lab has cooperated with the telecommunications operator – back in 2006 the company signed an agreement with Telefónica in the Brazilian market.
Kaspersky Lab currently has more than 80 global partner and technology agreements with leading IT and telecomm companies including Microsoft, IBM, Cisco, Juniper Networks, Alcatel Lucent, Blue Coat, Check Point, D-Link, GFI, Gwava, Netgear, SonicWALL RSA, ZyXel, Alt-N, Parallels, Lenovo, Facebook, Qualcomm, Vertu, etc.
Veniamin Levtsov, Vice President, Corporate Sales and Business Development
“We are proud to provide Telefónica with a subscription to our Kaspersky Security Intelligence Service package, offered as part of our strategy of cooperating with Managed Security Service Providers. Being equipped with such a powerful instrument, the experts at Telefónica will be better prepared to react to the threats targeting their customers. We are confident that cooperation with Kaspersky Lab will allow Telefónica to extend its wide range of services in the field of cyber security.”
Ovanes Mikhailov, General Manager
Kaspersky Lab Iberia
“Security should be conceived as a complete strategy, and not limited to purely prevention and detection activities. This is the only way we can stop cyber threats. Telefónica and Kaspersky Lab share this vision and we are sure that together we will be able to build a more competitive and secure environment.”
Óliver Martínez, Security Global Managing Director
“This type of strategic agreement is, for us, a further step towards leading the security market, positioning ourselves as the best option to protect business and governments against cyberattacks with our unique threat intelligence service. The inclusion of Kaspersky Lab’s services within our range of feeds reflects Telefónica’s commitment to provide the most innovative security solutions to our customers and a reaffirmation of our mission to become a digital telco.”
About Kaspersky Lab
Kaspersky Lab is the world’s largest privately held vendor of endpoint protection solutions. The company is ranked among the world’s top four vendors of security solutions for endpoint users*. Throughout its more than 16-year history Kaspersky Lab has remained an innovator in IT security and provides effective digital security solutions for large enterprises, SMBs and consumers. Kaspersky Lab, with its holding company registered in the United Kingdom, currently operates in almost 200 countries and territories across the globe, providing protection for over 300 million users worldwide. Learn more at www.kaspersky.com.
For the latest in-depth information on security threat issues and trends, please visit:
Securelist | Information about Viruses, Hackers and Spam
Follow @Securelist on Twitter
Threatpost | The First Stop for Security News
Follow @Threatpost on Twitter
* The company was rated fourth in the IDC rating Worldwide Endpoint Security Revenue by Vendor, 2012. The rating was published in the IDC report "Worldwide Endpoint Security 2013–2017 Forecast and 2012 Vendor Shares (IDC #242618, August 2013). The report ranked software vendors according to earnings from sales of endpoint security solutions in 2012.