Woburn, MA –January 28, 2013 – Kaspersky Lab, a leading developer of security and threat management solutions, today announced that Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 is once again at the top of the list in AV-Comparatives’ “Product of the Year 2012” end-of-year round-up. The independent testing lab published its final summary of consumer protection test results conducted throughout 2012 in January 2013, and the Kaspersky Lab tied for the best overall performance. This repeats the success of 12 months ago, when Kaspersky Internet Security posted the best combined score of all 2011 testing, winning the “Product of the Year 2011.”
- The experts at AV-Comparatives summed up the results of all research conducted in 2012.
- The final report collates the results of nine tests conducted to evaluate the quality of a product’s protection against unknown threats, the number of false positives, performance and other security parameters.
- The Kaspersky Lab solution earned the highest ADVANCED+ rating in all but one of those tests.
- Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 took first place in the overall testing results, sharing the top position with a product from another vendor.
In 2012 Kaspersky Lab’s consumer solutions – Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 followed by Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 – delivered consistently impressive results in AV-Comparatives testing. In Whole Product Dynamic Testing, one of the most challenging tests designed to check the system for protection against real-world threats, Kaspersky Lab products twice received the highest ADVANCED+ award. Out of nine possible ADVANCED+ awards in 2012, Kaspersky Lab won a total of eight.
This consistent success prompted AV-Comparatives experts to award Kaspersky Lab the title of Top Rated 2012. This acclaim comes principally from the results of the protection technology testing – this prestigious prize could not be awarded to any product which didn’t return a 100% record in Real World tests.
Kaspersky Lab also received gold medals in the following categories:
- Proactive Malware Detection 2012 – for effective proactive technologies dealing with the detection of new and unknown threats. The experts paid particular attention to false positives - products with numerous errors did not receive this award.
- Malware Removal 2012 – for high-quality cleanup of malicious programs on infected computers.
This haul of prestigious awards is rounded-out by the company’s impressive performances in the following categories:
- Dynamic Protection 2012 – for reliable protection against real-world threats with a negligible number of false positives.
- On-Demand Malware Detection 2012 – for a high level of malware detection using file scanners.
- Lowest False Positives 2012 – for a low number of false positives, which users often rate as being as important as reliable anti-malware protection.
- Anti-Phishing 2012 – for reliable protection against phishing.
As a result, Kaspersky Lab solutions finished tied for first-place in the overall rating along with a Bitdefender product. According to AV-Comparatives: “both Kaspersky Lab’s and Bitdefender’s products were equally good, and both worthy of the Product of the Year award.”
Oleg Ishanov, Director Anti-Malware Research
“For our experts and developers, the year 2012 saw Kaspersky Lab’s products in an exciting and intense competition for the right to be called the best antivirus solutions, according to AV-Comparatives.org. We are proud that we have achieved such good results and maintained our technological leadership in the industry by demonstrating excellent results throughout the whole year. We’re also pleased that the quality of our product was highly regarded by AV-Comparatives experts.”
About Kaspersky Lab
Kaspersky Lab is the world’s largest privately held vendor of endpoint protection solutions. The company is ranked among the world’s top four vendors of security solutions for endpoint users*. Throughout its 15-year history Kaspersky Lab has remained an innovator in IT security and provides effective digital security solutions for consumers, SMBs and Enterprises. The company currently operates in almost 200 countries and territories across the globe, providing protection for over 300 million users worldwide. Learn more at www.kaspersky.com.
*The company was rated fourth in the IDC rating Worldwide Endpoint Security Revenue by Vendor, 2010. The rating was published in the IDC report Worldwide IT Security Products 2011-2015 Forecast and 2010 Vendor Shares – December 2011. The report ranked software vendors according to earnings from sales of endpoint security solutions in 2010.
For the latest in-depth information on security threat issues and trends, please visit:
Securelist | Information about Viruses, Hackers and Spam
Follow @Securelist on Twitter
Threatpost | The First Stop for Security News
Follow @Threatpost on Twitter