Kaspersky Lab Study Reveals Global IT Security Risks
By: Kaspersky Américas on 29/06/2011
Cyber threats are a rapidly growing concern among businesses. Tell you something you don’t know? How about that IT strategy is one of the main concerns for businesses—ranked higher than financial, marketing and human resources strategy. Why? It’s because 91% of companies have experienced at least one IT security event from an external source in the last 12 months.
- IT strategy is one of the main concerns for businesses, ranked higher even than financial, marketing and human resources strategy. Almost half of all organizations see cyber-threats as one of the top-three developing risks.
- Within IT departments, prevention of IT security breaches was the #1 concern in all regions.
- 59% of companies report to be at least well-equipped against cyber threats.
- 57% of organizations agreed that use of social media by employees introduces significant risks.
- The security of mobile devices is a new issue for businesses. 55% of the companies reported that they are much more concerned about this subject than they were a year ago.
The conclusion? Strong IT security across all business departments covering all endpoints is a must. What should businesses do to prepare and protect?
- Choose a security solution that fits your business
- Invest in employee education
- Ensure effective anti-malware protection for all endpoints, including mobile devices
- Set up a centralized management system for all endpoint devices
- Protect end user communication instead of restricting it
The full report and accompanying data charts and graphs, can be found here: http://bit.ly/r4Ucaz
* The research was performed in partnership with B2B International, one of the leading global research agencies. More than 1300 IT professionals in 11 countries participated in the survey. All of them influence IT policies and take part in evaluating security risks. The survey covers businesses of all sizes, starting from small (10-99 people) to medium (100-999) and large (1000+).